Thursday, January 10, 2013

Wow, it's been a long time since I wrote anything on here. Since my last entry, I have had a baby (he's seven months old now) and almost finished my first semester of teaching 10th and 12th grade solo. I have grown a lot in the last year and a half. Although this blog may have just died out when we got really busy in the schools last year, I thought it had kind of an ominous tone to the final entries. I stopped writing because I was crazy busy not because I didn't have anything good to say. So I wanted to write one more entry to say that although the residency year was hard and stressful, I learned a lot and I feel more prepared for this year than I would have otherwise. I feel better prepared for classroom management, stress management, planning and especially with familiarity with the way our school district does things. I was able to learn all those Richmond operational things last year, so this year, I can just focus on teaching. I also learned a lot about collaboration and professionalism. If anyone reading this blog has any questions about the program from someone who's been through it, feel free to send me an email at cat.ennis@gmail.com. Happy trails! Oh, and if anyone from future or current cohorts wants to open this blog back up to be a collaborative space, please get in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment